Earth Observation for the Regions
Space Applications & Systems / Drones
Ecole Royale Militaire
Taking advantage of ambitious ESA programs such as the SENTINEL European mission, the SW_EOREGIONS project’s main objective is to develop a range of innovative services in the field of Dynamic Territory Monitoring. Those services will target both professional (experts) and non-professional users.
In order to reach this objective, the project must:
- Setup an infrastructure for data storage and analysis (of BIG DATA type)
- Develop new methodologies and services linked to SENTINEL data (such as change detections, floods, etc.)
- Develop new skills to deal with incoherent data in order to compute services accuracy and ensure safe and correct use of the data
- Develop a proper data structure that ensures fast and efficient data mining for exploitation by non-expert users
- Share and reuse of data and services based on innovative business model that should allow low cost data handling for low cost Earth Observation
- Use existing or available geospatial data on the GeoGateway (tool that will be developed and used for commercial services).