The project aims to develop new production’s methods and new knowledge, new services and products in the composite molds field. The research phase will be concluded with a demonstration phase.
The first major objective is to develop innovative processes for producing composite parts dedicated to the aerospace market with the following targets :
- Reduction of the production cycle and costs (-20%).
- Optimization of production tasks in order to require only highly skilled labor (automated preforming).
A second objective is to develop knowledge and technologies in Wallonia in order to have the following capabilities:
- Offer new services for manufacturing set-up (engineering);
- Design and build of large molds;
- To set-up a production line for small composite parts (for SMEs).