ULg – CSL
The objective of the ACTIO project is to respond to the evolution of observation instruments towards more commercial environments by addressing two areas of research:
- Increase the spatial resolution of the instruments while keeping them in microsatellites;
- Develop economically attractive solutions, applicable to many commercial spatial RFI.
Specifically, the project aims at:
- Determining a bold and unprecedented mechanical solution to enable a microsatellite PROBA-type to host a optical observation instrument with high resolution;
- Providing solutions to the difficult issues of selecting a component-based instrument adapted to globalized business environments;
- Studying the components of instruments optimized in terms of price and performance, specifically targeting optical mirrors and electronics;
- Validating all components of the instrument for a high resolution extension.
The purpose of the project is to develop components and know-how needed to produce reliable and efficient compact instruments of observation, and thus propose to the market a very compact and innovative observation instrument.