The Wallonia Export-Investment Agency (AWEX) is the Wallonia Region of Belgium’s government agency in charge of foreign trade promotion and foreign investment attraction. The agency has a worldwide network of 109 Economic Commercial Advisors.
AWEX has been ISO 9001 certified since April 2002.
As a foreign trade agency, AWEX carries out a mission of promotion and information for the benefit of both Wallonia and the foreign business community.
Upon request, AWEX assists buyers, decision-makers, importers and foreign prospects by:
- Providing economic data on Wallonia and its export potential
- Disseminating information on products and services from companies located in Wallonia
- Identifying companies in Wallonia for international partnerships
- Distributing lists of exporters from Wallonia
As an export partner for Wallonia-based companies, AWEX offers a wide range of export-oriented services and activities:
- General and commercial information on foreign markets
- Market studies tailored to specific areas upon request
- Organization and planning of marketing activities (international trade shows, economic missions, sector-based contact days…)
- Establishing contacts with international organizations
- Promoting Wallonia’s export potential abroad
- Financial support and export financing
- Training in international careers
As a foreign investment agency, AWEX has an overall responsibility for the attraction of foreign investment in Wallonia. This includes seeking out and providing information to potential foreign investors. The agency also offers a pro-active follow-up service to investors already established in Wallonia. In addition, it is in charge of identifying new foreign investors for the acquisition of industrial sites under restructuring process.
Place Sainctelette 2