The Walloon sector dedicated to Defence and Security is a historical sector stemming from the metallurgical and mechanical skills acquired in the 20th century which is still a growing sector in Wallonia. It brings together several large companies (Belgian and International) as well as a dynamic network of SMEs that are constantly developing new skills.
Main areas of activity :
- Structures (metal and composite, armour) for military aviation and ground armour,
- Military aircraft engines (production and MRO),
- Maintenance for military aviation (airplanes and helicopters),
- Light and heavy armament,
- Air carrier (POD) or ground (turret) weapon boarding system,
- Secure communication system for mission aircraft (Awacs, maritime patrol, ...),
- Electronic embedded system following military qualification,
- Military drone system (sensors, secured operating system, remote control, ...).