Over the last 20 years, the Walloon space sector has more than tripled its turnover (350 million euros) and its number of stakeholders :
44 companies, research centres and academies from the sector are now members of Skywin. It is an important part of the Belgian sector, which occupies fifth place in terms of investments in space research in Europe.
Member's activities cover the 7 main segments of the space sector :
- ground segment,
- launchers and spacecraft,
- earth observation instruments,
- space equipment testing,
- ground satellite applications,
- space science.
3 major projects of the cluster for 2025 :
- Support industrial, scientific and innovation research,
- Ensure the transition to Space 4.0,
- Promote the creation of a "New Space" sector in Wallonia.